Dish It Up
Join us for our Dish It Up/Lunch on Us Series at the Women's Resources Center every 2nd & 4th Monday at noon (12 p.m. CST), while listening to speakers, lecturers, and panelists explore a variety of topics at the intersection of gender and other social identities. Dish It Up and the Lunch on Us programs from OIIR offer a unique opportunity to engage with your peers in a rewarding discussion of identity, social phenomena, and justice on campus.
Should you require any additional accommodations (large print programs, ASL interpreter, visual/audio assistance, etc.), please contact the Women's Resources Center at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone at 217.333.3137 at your earliest convenience.
Fall 2022 Schedule
- September 12- Empowering Youth to Embrace Everyday Leadership with Bushra Amiwala --> This event will be held at 306 Coble Hall. Join us in lieu of our regular Dish It Up schedule by registering to attend by September 9 and receive free lunch!
- September 26 - Non-traditional college students and the disproportionate challenges women face with Michelle Awad, Visiting Odyssey Project Advisor and Instructor
- October 10 - Roller Derby: Finding Your Community (On Skates) with Twin City Derby Girls
- October 24- Dog Whistles and Wedge Politics: The Past, Present, and Future of Anti-Trans Girl Legislation in the U.S. with Dr. Z Nicolazzo
- November 14 - with Mariana Ortega & Denise Poindexter, hosts of the The Complicated DM podcast
- November 28 - A Black Woman’s Right to Choose: Race and Reproductive Rights Activism in Britain with Priyanka Zylstra
Dish It Up/Quench Collaborations
August 29 - Meet Our New Staffs
October 31 - A History of Witches: BIPOC, feminists, and queer folx with Amie Bauemister & Alex Rosado-Torres
Paid for in part by Student Cultural Programming Fee. A PDF of this calendar can be accessed here. For a complete listing of OIIR’s Lunch on Us program, view the full schedule.