2022 Strive Awards
It's time to submit your nominations for the WRC's 3rd Annual Strive Awards! There are so many Illinois students, staff, and faculty doing incredible gender equity work on our campus, and we hope you will join us in celebrating them. The awards are:
- The Advocate Award: This honor is for a faculty member, staff member, or student who consistently “walks the walk” and advocates for gender equity in their everyday lives, even when it’s hard.
- The Scholar Award: This award is for a faculty member, staff member, or student who advocates for and advances gender equity through their academic and professional endeavors.
- The Dr. Ruth Nicole Brown Coalition Award: This honor is for a student who brings diverse groups of people together across identity lines to advance gender equity.
- The Pat Morey Legacy Award: This award is for a student who engages in gender equity work that will benefit the University of Illinois campus long after they graduate.
- The Strive Together Award: This honor will go to a Registered Student Organization (RSO) that has made significant contributions towards gender equity during the current academic year.
The nomination form is open (https://go.illinois.edu/Strive2022) , and it will close on Sunday, February 27 at 9 p.m. CST
2020 Strive Award Winners and Celebration Updates
In honor of Womxn’s History Month 2020, the WRC launched the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign's inaugural Strive Awards. The Strive Awards are a celebration of the gender equity work and activism being done by students, faculty, and staff on the Illinois campus.
Due to health concerns related to COVID-19, our in person celebration will be postponed until the Fall. However, we want to end March 2020 with a hearty congratulations to our award winners who have been, and continue to be, history makers. We are proud to highlight this year's award winners: